Search with Google

Custom Search

It's time

AMBER Alert!!!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reupholstery is not inexpensive





Call "The Upholstery Guy" Andre @ 757-567-003
Website templates



It seems the internet is the best and worst place to find "Everything you always wanted to know but were afraid to ask". That includes working from home. When looking for work in person, do you expect to pay to get work? Of course not. So why then when looking for work on the internet do we consider it the norm to pay to work? Ok so, we shouldn't expect to get something for free, right? Wrong! I think getting information that you've spent hours to find and/or research, google, read isn't "getting it for free". Isn't the time you spent worth $$$'s an hour? But, I must add, starting any business, you can expect  to spend more time and money in the startup.

I thought the business my husband's in (Upholstery) was a way for people to get their furniture, boats and cars done cheaply. Was I ever shocked and enlightened when I started helping out! It's custom and there's nothing cheap about having things custom made. If you upholster your own, you save (and if it's a hobby). Because even doing your own upholstery, the time, material and labor that goes into it (should you add the $$$'s up)...still is rather pricey. But if you love doing it, you'll just overlook the labor that you spend doing it. I'm the Upholstery Guy's wife and HE can't do it for free, Lil Joe will but his wife won't let him and neither will I. (lol)

In the past, I've made about $100 in gift cards to Walmart reading emails (about things I couldn't care less about). Even with DSL, it was time consuming and it take months for it to accumlate. Needless to say, I won't be striking it rich with that venture.

When I get to the end of this blog and ask my readers to suggest work-at-home ventures they have tried that work or we should not walk but run from, please don't suggest the oldest profession in the world. I haven't tried it but I wouldn't make much doing that either. I'm not that street savvy.

So now readers, here's my question: What work-at-home (online or off) business have you experienced /ventured into? Oh, let me add this note, the last thing in the world I want is a saleperson who comes with all their literature, dvds to watch and this hard sales pitch that I need to act on this now before the offer ends or the price goes up.


This blog session is coming to an end with me wishing each and every one of you, a better today than yesterday on a continuous day yet to come. If you find the time visit and click the "like" button on our merchantcircle page and even our facebook page. We will return the favor to your page. Let's make the internet work for our businessess in this struggling economy!

View our MERCHANTCIRCLE BUSINESS LISTING HERE

LIKE US HERE ON FACEBOOK

If you'd like to join Merchantcircle for TOTALLY FREE 1st page listings on Google, join here:

MERCHANTCIRCLE
With a little elbow grease such as invitations to other merchants (near and far), blogs, newsletters, coupons, promotions and sales (all free to use to promote your business), you can and will become a Top Merchant.  It's way too easy. Do try it!!! Feel free to upgrade, depending on your business advertising financial budget. Naturally, an upgraded account will provide you more exposure on more search engines.

No comments:

Join Free

FREE INSTANT SPLASH MAKER

Buy Wholesale at Dollardays

DollarDays.com Earthquake Relief Aid Microsoft Store Family_History_120x240_New-2010 TimeLife.com

Timelife

TimeLife.com

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FYI

Word of the Day

This Day in History

Quote of the Day

Events at Norfolk Scope, Norfolk, VA


View all events at Norfolk Scope Arena